Sunday, February 7, 2010

MedStart

I recently applied for a scholarship called MedStart. It is a Summer program, so IF I get it I will be taking classes in Phoenix in June and July. The scholarship is for people who are interested in working in the medical field. And, yes, I am interested in working in the medical field, but no, I do not know exactly what I want to do, yet. I do know that I would like to work in a hospital and not at a private practice... It would be cool to be a doctor, but it takes about 12 years of schooling to do that, and I would also like to have a family, so that doesn't really work out. But, anyways. The classes are totally free. All I have to do is go to class, and do the work. I am not sure how many classes or how many credits. Pretty much I applied for it so I can get more college credit for free.

Just in case you don't know... I have a scholarship now called ACE. I started taking classes at Chandler-Gilbert Community College last summer. I have 9 credits right now, and a 4.0 gpa. I have spent something like 27 dollars on the whole thing. If you don't count gas I guess. I have taken CPD 150... I am still not exactly sure how to explain what that class is. It's like a class that teaches you how to go to school. It was kinda silly. We took notes for about a week on taking notes. I thought it was rather comical. English 101, and History 103. Right now I am taking English 102. So that means that my freshman English classes will be done!! That is pretty cool. You can't deny it.

1 comment:

  1. No, I can't deny it - that IS pretty cool. You are so much more on top of schooling than I ever was. You see how far I got - NO where! At this rate you might be a doctor in a couple years. ha ha... Maybe you should be an RN. There's a lot you can do as a nurse.

    ReplyDelete